Creative Marketing, Public Relations & Event Coordination Experience
- Business development for branding and marketing consulting services and managing the marketing/PR, photo editing and graphic design departments.
- Exceptional customer service skills to focus on clients’ experience and needs in an effort to increase relationship quality. I’ve instilled an open door policy with staff and clients.
- Create and maintain a stream of clear communication, organization and time management resulting in sustainable and successful marketing campaigns. I’ve worked with many of my clients for several years.
- Provide reference and inspirational materials to clients and designers for marketing collateral creation, then strategize and implement marketing campaigns spanning print, digital, web and social media.
- Project Management experience includes creating and managing budgets and timelines to ensure approved creative concepts are captured within client’s scope of work.
- Travel nationally and internationally to present workshops on “Marketing a Cohesive Brand” at Phase One Stand Out Photo Forums and the American Society of Media Photographers conferences.
- Represent Wonderful Machine at conferences and industry events like Digital Media Licensing Association 2015 and Visual Connections.
- Direct, host and produce Give Love Get Love, a segment that features charitable and philanthropic businesses in the Greater-Philadelphia area.
- Established more than 40 relationships in Philadelphia metro area for exclusive on-camera features with companies and news outlets.
- Support Creative Services departments with copywriting and by serving as the talent for voiceovers/on-air promotions.
- Represent Blue Ridge News 11 and MyNEWPhilly at community events including National Night Out, Relay for Life, Young Friends of the Academy of Music’s Monsters Ball amongst others.
- Develop content, coordinate scheduling/locations and produce six segments on mynewphilly.com including Kite&Key, theRx and VIPphilly.
- Established contact with more than 50 national and international industry publications such as the Huffington Post, aPhotoEditor, Rocky Mountain School of Photography and Sprouting Photographer for publicity and content sharing purposes.
- As Front of House/Bartender at Stratus Lounge, Hotel Monaco, use social media to generate business and advertise events.
- Organized West Virginia University sports-related parties at Bugsys Social Club for elite WVU officials such as basketball coach Bob Huggins, former AD Oliver Luck and the late owner of Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Milan Puskar.
After working with San Diego architectural photographer Mike Torrey since August 2017.
“Thank you for pulling all the great information together into the PDF that you sent. It’s fantastic! I truly appreciate all your marketing / moral support, cheerleading and positive encouragement… I’m going to kick-ass reaching out to new and existing prospects and will give you an update on how things are going down the road! I too enjoyed our time working together. Again, thank you for everything and here’s hoping we get the chance to work together again.”
After designing a strategic marketing plan for Chapel Hill photographer Lauren Allen:
“Thank you again for your help! I’m excited to get this campaign rolling now that I’ve had your input and expertise! I just spent the last few minutes reading through the initial marketing audit. It is extremely helpful! I will definitely implement a lot of this when reaching out to editorials and ad agencies. I’m also glad you included the emailing stuff since I haven’t sent out an email or in a year or so. When going through the touches at the end are you saying to implement that to only 25% of my list at a time? That makes marketing seem much more manageable!Thank you so much for all your help! I’m currently building a good local list of restaurant groups, PR companies, culinary brands and eateries.”
After managing New York City photographer Robert Granoff’s luxury rebrand:
“Erika was truly a delight to work with. I recognized her professionalism from our first phone call. She expertly summed up my needs and effortlessly moved us along to our stated goal. The icing on the cake with Erika was her literary skills when it came time to edit my bio. We went back and forth for several edits and she helped chisel it to perfection. I’m very particular and Erika was very skillful in addressing all of my needs and concerns while guiding me through alternative suggestions, which turned out to be necessary and more appropriate for my rebranding.”
Danielle Ellliot, after listening to my podcast on The Business of Photography:
“Hi Erika! My name is Danielle and I’m a lifestyle photographer based out of Seattle. I recently heard your interview on The Business of Photography podcast (it was great by the way) and I was inspired to reach out….Long and short, your podcast interview really resonated with me as I’m looking to do more commercial work but I think I could use a little help getting that side rolling.”
Excellent references available upon request.